MMW – Journeyman Electric Motor Systems Technician (Motor Winder)
Martech Motor Winding Ltd. – CASTLEGAR is looking to hire a Journeyman Electric Motor Systems Technician (Motor Winder)
The successful candidate will have the skillset to assess, repair or rebuild electric motors. The candidate should be physically capable to lift and carry heavy objects as required. Reliable with a focus on safety and mechanical aptitude. There is room for advancement for the right person.
This is a Full-Time position that is available immediately. The position is based in Castlegar, BC. Working hours are from 7am-3:30pm Mon-Fri with minor fluctuations for start and end times depending on jobs/projects. OT as required.
Wage and benefits are based on education, experience, and qualifications. Follows Local Union Agreement IBEW #1003.
• Diagnose failure causes and dismantle electric motors and pumps for servicing, modification or repair
• Ability to read drawings, manuals, and blueprints as it relates to the task
• Wind and assemble various types of coils for electric motors and pumps
• Always work safely in all aspects of the task being undertaken
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Other duties as required
Qualification Requirements and Skills:
• Journeyman Ticketed – Electric Motor Systems Technician (Motor Winder)
• Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license
• Must be able to take direction and work well both independently and within a team
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Flexible with the ability to move between various jobs
To Apply: email resumes with cover letter and availability to Jan.Piorecky@Martechelectrical.com
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. NO WALK-INS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE